Dear Campus Community,
The process for accessing UC travel discounts for personal travel has changed. The “Find It” tool will no longer be supported after 11/30/2020. Office of the President is working on a replacement personal travel portal for future deployment. In the meantime, there are two options available to assist active UCR employees with taking advantage of the discounts available in the UC Travel Agreements for personal travel.
UC Travel Center (UCTC) operated out of UCLA
To book personal travel and receive the UC discounts on airfare, hotel and car rentals:
- Call UCTC at (800) 235-8252 or email@example.com for full service agent assistance
- Office Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, Monday - Friday
- Inform the agent that you are a UCR Employee and the booking is for “personal travel”
- The following agency fees will apply
- $32 for any reservation that include Airfare
- $15 for reservation of Hotel and/or Car Rental
- Provide your personal credit card to pay for the booking plus agency fees
- Note: for airfare $ 500 and above, your UCTC agent will email a credit card authorization to be completed prior to ticket issuance.
- As this service is only available to UC employees, your UCR email address may be required to send reservation and confirmation emails
- After-hours emergency and non-emergency support provided 7 days per week by calling (310) 206-2639
- An additional $ 30.00 After Hours Service fee will apply
- Additional agency and airline fees may apply
To book personal travel and receive the UC discounts on airfare, hotel and car rentals as well as other vacation planning:
- Call BCD’s leisure travel desk at (877) 885-8632 and select option #4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hours: 8:30AM – 7:00PM EST, Monday-Friday
- Inform the agent that you are a UCR employee and the booking is for “personal travel”
- The fee schedule of services is attached
Important considerations before booking personal travel under the UC discount:
- Personal travel cannot be charged to the university. Use of UCR purchase orders/DAPOs and Procurement Cards (PCards) for personal travel is prohibited.
- Employees must book their own personal travel. UCR personnel/staff cannot be utilized to assist with another employee’s personal travel.
- Similar to other travel agents, agency fees apply to bookings.
- The standard UC Travel Insurance does not cover personal travel, however, travel insurance is available for purchase by the individual. For information on coverage options while on personal travel visit https://www.ucop.edu/risk-services-travel/personal.html
- Personal use of car rentals are not covered under the UC insurance program. Travelers should use their personal insurance or purchase insurance from the rental company.
Please consider using UCTC and/or BCD for your personal travel needs. Happy travels and stay safe!
Attachment: BCD Travel Service Fee Schedule_November 2020
Associate Vice Chancellor and Controller
Business & Financial Services