It recently came to my attention a new defect was introduced in late July related to UCPath general ledger data. This defect caused data discrepancies between the general ledger (GL) and SuperDOPE on two salary cost transfer journals, FDR0085291 and FDR0085326, by including data in SuperDOPE that is not reflected in the ledger. While UCPath works to resolve this issue, it is necessary to re-open the July ledgers and perform the following actions:
- Reverse the transactions associated with the above referenced journals in UCRFS
- Remove the erroneous data from SuperDOPE
- Adjust the related indirect cost calculations
- Rerun the Financial Transaction Detail Reports and Inception to Date Reports
- Rerun the July 2020 PIWRS reports (currently in PIWRS Coordinator queues
- Please hold off on making any additional projections, comments, etc.
- Rerun the July 2020 Payroll Certifications on impacted funds
- Please hold off on making any direct cost adjustments, cost sharing, comments, etc.
- Once the UCPath data is corrected, the transactions will be recorded into the August accounting period.
These actions will ensure the GL and SuperDOPE remain in sync. The Accounting Office and ITS are committed to completing these tasks as soon as possible. Notifications will be provided when the revised reports are available. The Accounting Office will immediately apply additional validations to avoid this situation in the future.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this situation. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Vice Chancellor and Controller
Business & Financial Services