Due to the campus closure, the following interim guidance regarding delivery location is effective through 4/30/2020; all other standard procurement policies still apply. Normally, goods purchased by the University should be delivered to Central Receiving located at 3401 Watkins Drive, Riverside, CA 92521. In response to the COVID-19 and the campus closure, many UCR employees have been required to work remotely. Various needs have arisen where low value items must be ordered to facilitate the remote work and delivered to an off-campus location (e.g. the employee’s home). To document these exceptions to policy, please obtain the Department Head’s (or designee’s) approval before requesting items be delivered to a non-University location. The approval can be obtained via e-mail and should be retained for audit purposes (e.g. uploaded into eBuy as an attachment to the DAPO attachment, retained with PCard supporting documentation, etc.). Departments should ensure appropriate internal controls are in place to track these purchases, their location, and the approval. A copy of the packing slip should be uploaded to the eBuy PO for audit purposes. If purchased with PCard, the packing slip should be retained with other supporting documentation.
- If ordering through eCatalog, some suppliers will only ship to the department delivery address on file. In situations where an alternate delivery address is required, a standard DAPO should be created.
- The following university owned items are not permitted to be sent to homes:
- Chemicals of any kind
- Inventorial Equipment (i.e. items costing $5K including tax)
- Lost, stolen, or damaged goods should immediately be reported to your department financial manager.
- Please consult with the Vice Chancellor of Research & Economic Development (VCRED) before taking any research materials off- campus (e.g. to homes).
- All items delivered to off-campus locations must be returned to regular place of business once the campus closure is lifted.
- Receiving Services continues to receive inbound packages and deliveries between 8am to 4pm. Although regular campus delivery service will be modified during the campus closure, critical items and research related items will be delivered to campus departments as needed. Departments are encouraged to cancel/postpone non-essential deliveries to campus during the closure. For additional information, please contact Receiving Services.
Associate Vice Chancellor and Controller
Business & Financial Services