An email is being sent to all faculty and staff announcing that UCR employees can now access the UC discounts for personal travel by using the Short’s “Find It” tool.
• The Find It Tool requires the download of a browser add-on.
• Google Chrome is the recommended browser to use with the Find It tool.
• The following website can be used to download the add-on and access instructions for using the tool: https://www.findit.travel/UC.htm
• The Find It tool is a fully automated booking option that begins at familiar sites such as Orbitz, Expedia, various airlines, and hotel websites and then applies UC travel related discounts and negotiated rates.
• When using the Find It tool, eligible travelers are automatically registered for traveler insurance via UC Risk Services
• Personal use of the Find It tool is available to anyone with a valid UC email address.
Important departmental considerations
• Personal travel cannot be charged to the university, and the use of UCR purchase orders/DAPOs and ProCards for personal travel is prohibited. Departments should review their internal control and ledger reconciliation procedures to ensure erroneous charges are prevented and detected.
• Only employees that need to travel for university business purposes should be granted the iTravel traveler role. All other employees should utilize the Find It tool.
• This benefit is not intended to distract employees during working hours and UCR personnel/staff should not be used to book personal travel
• Travel Insurance for personal trip is available for purchase and must be paid for from personal funds. For information on coverage while on personal travel visit https://www.ucop.edu/risk-services-travel/personal.html
• Personal use of car rentals are not covered under the UC insurance program. Travelers should use their personal insurance or purchase insurance from the rental company.
• Individuals requiring assistance with bookings and Short’s Find It tool navigation should contact the Short’s support team at email@example.com.
While employees are encouraged to take advantage of this special benefit, please ensure expectations are appropriately communicated to employees in your unit.
From: Bobbi A McCracken [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com)
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020 6:36 PM
Subject: UC Personal Travel Discounts-Department Considerations