Thank you for all of your continued partnership and feedback on the general ledger-UCPath related systems and processes.The information provided below contains important information in preparation for the UCB/UCD transition to UCPath as well as other general ledger related updates.
UCB/UCD Transition to UCPath
UC Berkeley and UC Davis will begin their conversion to UCPath in late February/early March resulting in the UCPath system being unavailable during two timeframes: 1) Friday, March 1 at 5 p.m. until Thursday, March 7 at 8 a.m., and 2) Thursday, March 14 at 5 p.m. until Wednesday, March 20 at 8 a.m.
During this time, UCR’s Shared Service Centers (SSCs) will be unable to transact within the system, and some campus processing dates and/or functionality will be impacted as follows:
FAU Change Request Tool
- The FAU Change Request Tool will still be accessible, however, transactions cannot be processed in UCPath while the system down. Therefore, transactions requested during the timeframes listed above will be held and submitted once UCPath system is available.
Salary Cost Transfer (SCT) Request Tool
- The SCT Request Tool will still be accessible, but SSCs will not be able to transact in UCPath during the timeframes listed above. Due to this system downtime, it may take longer for requests to be marked as complete and posted to the ledger.
- Note: The 120 and 90 Day rules will still be in effect during this period, so please ensure requests that are nearing those deadlines are submitted in the SCT Tool with sufficient time to allow for the SSC to process prior to the shutdown. Please contact your SSC for additional information on their lead times.
Time and Attendance Reporting System (TARS)
- TARS timelines for the biweekly time reporting period of 2/24/2019 – 3/9/2019 has been adjusted as follows to allow for the prompt payment of biweekly employees.
- Bi-weekly paid employees are asked to project their time worked (and/or leave taken) from Thursday, 3/7/2019 to Saturday, 3/9/2019 (if applicable), and submit timesheets by 11:00 PM on Wednesday, 3/6/2019.
- Supervisors are asked to approve these timesheets by 11:00 PM on Thursday, 3/7/2019.
- Although information will be provided to biweekly paid employees and supervisors within the TARS system and through the TARs reminders, departments are asked to ensure their biweekly paid employees and supervisors are aware of the adjusted due dates.
- If adjustments to the time projected are necessary, supervisors should initiate a correction using the TARS “prior pay period adjustment” functionality.
- Notes: Time clock users are not allowed to project hours worked. Employees can continue to clock in/out up until the end of this pay period (3/9/2019). Supervisors will be required to approve these timesheets by Monday, 3/11/2019 at 11:00 AM.
- It is anticipated the transition period will have a minimal impact on existing travelers and travel coordinators. However, there will be some intermittent disruption in sending information on new employee travelers and modifications to existing employee travelers (such as name changes) to Connexxus system during the time frames referenced above.
- If there is a need to book business travel for new employees and/or employees with recent name changes not reflected in Connexxus, please contact email@example.com for other available options to book travel.
Graduate Student Benefits (GSHIP/FR/NRTR)
- The resolution of the UCPath programming issue that resulted in graduate student benefits being split across eligible and ineligible jobs was deployed in January (i.e. going forward only eligible jobs should now be charged for graduate benefits).
- The January ledgers do not reflect graduate student GSHIP, Fee Remission and/or Non-Resident Tuition Remission due to an oversight related to job scheduling. These benefit costs will be distributed across the February and March earnings periods. If funding for an eligible graduate student position changed between January and February, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “GS Benefit Adjustment” so a manual journal adjustment can be processed.
Missing Data fields
A very small percentage (less than 0.03%) of data is missing employee name and/or job number from the UCPath data feeds. The missing data impacts our campus’ ability to properly map the CBR and vacation taken to staff versus academic account codes. Efforts continue to resolve and manually populate this information.
- The Instant Pay Card is now available as another payment option for urgent off-cycle checks (i.e. pay not processed during the regular/standard payroll processes) and the Permanent Pay Card is available for regular pay. For more information on the Pay Card please visit: https://www.ucop.edu/ucpath-center/_files/mypath/pay-card/personalized-pay-card-faq.pdf
- Off-cycle paychecks have the ability to designate an alternate FAU (i.e. an FAU not associated with the normal position funding). During the fall quarter, there were a small number of situations where the alternate FAU was not input and resulted in the regular position funding being charged. Please review your ledgers and SuperDOPE (under Criteria tab-Adjustment Indicator, Use Off-Cycle Indicator = Y) to ensure payroll posted to the correct FAU, and request a salary cost transfer as appropriate.
- When overpayments are experienced, it is critical that employees review and return their overpayment agreement within the timeline outlined in the letter (normally 10 days after receipt).
- Once an overpayment is identified and processed in UCPath, the receivable is established and the department FAU is credited for the over payment amount. It may take up to 14 additional days for the employee to be issues an overpayment agreement.
- Failure to return the letter will result in automatic referral to the UCLA billing process versus the employee selecting their preferred repayment method. Inactive employees are automatically referred to UCLA billing.
- Failure to adhere to the repayment terms (e.g. missed payments) will result in a chargeback to the department FAU. Beginning in February, listing of charged backed items will be sent to Organizational CFAOs.
- Questions regarding the overpayment amounts and process must be immediately reported to your unit’s Shared Services Center (SSC) and/or UCPath for action.
ServiceLink FAU Change Request
- In December, some delays in the automate file creation of position funding changes were experienced. This issue has been resolved.
- Complex FAU Change Requests (i.e. health science compensation and salaries subject to a cap) programming is in progress.
ServiceLink Salary Cost Transfer (SCT) Request Tool
- Complex request functionality was deployed in December. A revised guide is available at: https://accounting.ucr.edu/docs/bfs_sct_request_tool_guide_v3.pdf
- For transfers approaching the 120 rule and/or within 90 days of a funds expiration, please ensure requests are submitted with sufficient time for the SSCs to process in UCPath. Please contact your SSC to understanding processing timelines.
- A bug in UCPath was discovered resulting in the duplication of a small number SCTs starting in April 2018 to January 2019. The issue manifests on employees with multiple jobs involving SCTs on each job. The Accounting Office is working with UCPC to identify and reverse the duplicates. UCPC continues to work on a permanent resolution.
- Summary mode performance issues are resolved.
- Due to design changes necessary to populate the SuperDOPE, the full reconciliation of FY2018 and FY2019 data between UCRFS and SuperDOPE by FAU has been delayed.
W2s were issued by the UCPath Center on January 24th and are available on the UCPath portal. Questions should be directed to the UCPath Center using the “Ask UCPath” link.
- The permanent fix to redirect of benefit charges in workstudy fund 23499 to the primary fund source is still in progress. For FY2019 erroneous benefit expenses, a manual journal will be prepared by fiscal year-end.
- Retroactive workstudy splits. Retroactive adjustments required special handling. A solution is being tested by the UCPC. A separate announcement will be made when this functionality is deployed.
- Please note salary cost transfers removing or adding workstudy balances from a prior academic years (e.g. AY2018-2019) should not be initiated without UCR’s Financial Aid Office’s explicit approval.
From: Bobbi A McCracken
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:48 PM
To: 'email@example.com' <firstname.lastname@example.org>; 'email@example.com' <firstname.lastname@example.org>; 'email@example.com' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: February 2019 GL-UCPath Update
Questions about this announcement should be directed to email@example.com