Riverside, Ca –
Thank you for all of your continued patience on the general ledger-UCPath related systems and processes. The information provided below contains important updates for fiscal closing.
FAU Change Request
- The 7/1 roll forward funding (new process in UCPath) resulted in many positions reverting back to the default funding due to an erroneous date being entered on certain transactions. Please utilize the FAU Change Request Tool to identify positions associated with fund 69993 and submit corrections by 7/18/18 for biweekly and 7/24/18 for monthly
- The FAU Change Request status continues to reflect some false “pending” statuses on transactions that have been successfully uploaded. The BFS project team is working with ITS and UCPath to determine the cause of the delays in reflecting the correct status.
ServiceLink Salary Cost Transfer (SCT) Request Tool
- Thank you for submitting your SCT in a timely manner. The majority of requests were processed by the goal entry date of 7/5/18; these transactions should have been reflected on the ledger as of 7/6/18. Unfortunately, due to various issues, SCT journal entries are still in progress; the majority of SCTs should be reflected in the general ledger tomorrow night (7/11/18).
- Payroll Transactions on Department Default Funding. For FY2018, the BFS team and Shared Services Centers continue to prepare corrections for payroll transactions recorded against the department default funding. To avoid additional salary charges to the default funding, please utilized the FAU Request Tool to search for positions associated with fund 69993 and prepare a request to update the FAU. Beginning FY2019, transactions posted to fund 69993 will need to be cleared by departments using the SCT Request Tool.
- There is a minor issue related to benefits associated with some of the early salary cost transfers transactions related to fund 69993 (i.e. Feb, March, April) resulting in an out of balance between UCRFS and SuperDOPE. Efforts are underway to prepare journals to correct UCRFS no later than the June Final ledgers.
- STAR award offsets for June payments will be reflected on the June prelim. Note, offsets for transactions processed in UCPath between Dec and May were posted in mid-June.
- Staff benefit charges posted to academic benefits accounts will be corrected in UCRFS no later than the June Final ledgers.
Graduate Student Fees
- The Spring Quarter reconciliation and journal corrections are being processed for the June Preliminary ledger. Since these corrections are not being processed via UCPath, please note these corrections will only be reflected in UCRFS and not the SuperDOPE details.
- The permanent fix to redirect of benefit charges in Workstudy fund 23499 to the primary fund source is still in progress. Erroneous benefit expenses will be manually journaled and reflected on the June Preliminary ledgers.
- Workstudy splits. Salary expenses that were not appropriate split between the department funding and workstudy funds are related to coding errors in UCPath. An approach to efficiently and effectively process these corrections has been finalized, but these corrections will be processed for the July ledgers.
Questions about this announcement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org