The Accounting Office and Information Technology Solutions (formerly Computing & Communications) are pleased to announce several improvements to the Principal Investigator Web Reporting System (PIWRS) and the annual Payroll Certification system. In response to the HHS-OIG Payroll Certification Audit, the campus committed to enhancing these reports to provide Principal Investigators with additional information to facilitate the review and verification of salary charges. The improvements include increased usability of the reports. The following changes will be available on Tuesday, 8/29/17:
- Salary Drilldown:
- When drilling into the details associated with an individual employee's pay for a reporting period, users will be presented with ALL fund sources involved in the payment of the employee.
- The payroll details are displayed in a format readily understandable to all users of the system (e.g. reference to pay period end dates, access to fund project titles, etc.)
- Benefits Drilldown:
- When drilling into the details associated with an individual employee's benefits for a reporting period, users will be presented with ALL fund sources associated with the employer paid benefits.
- The details are displayed in a format readily understandable to all users of the system (e.g. reference to pay period end dates, access to project titles associated with the funding source, etc.).
- Vacation taken is now correctly displayed under benefit drilldown portion of the report.
- Encumbrance information consistently displays the beginning balance, current period activity, and month end balance.
- As a reminder to users, to balance reports including encumbrances to the general ledger, please turn off projections. Projections can be turned on or off when reviewing the report in the Summary View and for individual Current Period Fund Views.
- Salary Drilldown:
- When drilling into an individual's total pay for the certification period, the user will be presented with all fund sources used to pay the employee during the certification period.
- The details are displayed in a format readily understandable to all users of the system (e.g. addition of a hyperlink to the grid column "Percent DPS/Total header" to drilldown to all employee detail (functions the same link as the "Payroll Overview Report"), hover-over/tooltip text, new totals columns, etc.)
- Salary information is split into two sub-columns:
- "$ Paid" for the dollar amount paid to each employee by fund
- "% of Total Pay" for the percentage of employee pay by fund
In preparation for the UCPath implementation, users assigned the PIWRS Coordinator role are asked to review these changes in PIWRS and become familiar with system functionality. It is important to note, the Excel macro based Enterprise Reporting System (ERS) will not be remediated for UCPath data changes due to security limitations and compatibility issues with standard operating environments. However, additional PIWRS enhancements are planned in coordination with the UCPath go-live date.
Please direct questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.